Besides being a rapper, singer, and mother, Nicki Minaj is many things, with her funny side standing out in her competitive world of showbiz.
From dealing with haters to navigating her most difficult life challenges, Nicki Minaj has a tip or two to dish out, having walked through such situations with grace throughout her music career.
Perhaps this attribute of the rapper contributes to making her the ultimate rap queen amid a sea of contenders. Although others have come close to beating her out of her title, Minaj always has a way of standing tall, cementing her stance in the industry.
In October 2021, her graceful personality came through again during an episode of “Drink Champs” featuring singers Quavo and Takeoff. The Migos members were asked to make a pick between Nicki Minaj and her closest rival, Cardi B.
After mulling it over, both rappers chose the former, despite their link to Cardi B and her husband, Offset.
While some consider this a confirmation that Offset has indeed fallen apart from the rest of the Migos, others deem it as the ultimate proof that Nicki was the undisputable Queen of rap.
Whether one considers her discography, style, fandom, influence or the overall population of music lovers, one can’t help but fall in with the second category. That said, here are twenty inspirational sayings by Nicki Minaj that prove her royalty status.
Nicki Minaj Funny Quotes
It isn’t uncommon to stumble upon a Nicki Minaj meme on the internet, either sporting a funny facial expression or a hilarious quote of something she once said.
While such memes make for a good laugh, the majority of the time, looking beyond the hilarious side of these quotes sends a deeper message about life and success. Below is a compilation of some of the most common.
Thoughtful Quotes And Funny Sayings By Nicki Minaj
- “Respect your haters. They’re the only ones who think you’re better than them.”
- “My advice to women in general; Even if you’re doing a 9 to 5 job, treat yourself like a boss. Not arrogant, but be sure of what you want. And don’t allow people to run anything for you without your knowledge.”
- “True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know you are great, you have no need to hate.”
- “I’m a role model now. I didn’t know I was gonna have 13-year-old fans, so I’ve tried to change a few things here and there. But I also know that the girls don’t want me to be Miley Cyrus either.”
- “The animated bug has bitten pop culture. It makes me feel happy and free. When you don’t act seriously, you can make up your own rules.”
- “My wigs are ever-changing in height, width, color, size. They make me feel happy. Wearing them makes me feel like I can be a different person every day and that is kind of exciting.”
- “When you’re a girl, you have to be everything. You have to be dope at what you do, you have to be super sweet and you have to be sexy, and you have to be this and you have to be that. And you have to be nice, and you have to – it’s like, I can’t be all of those things at once. I’m a human being.”
- Refuse to lose, refuse to be defeated, refuse to have regrets.”
- I’m not a girl that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I’m levitation. I represent an entire generation.
- Call me cursed or call me blessed, if you can’t handle my worst, you ain’t getting my best.”
- “I think sometimes the fashion world isn’t even about clothes anymore. It’s about things ‘in’ crowd, and I’m not into that.”
- “I can rap in a London accent, make weird faces, wear spandex, wigs and black lipstick. I can be more creative than the average male rapper.”
- “There is nothing more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.”
- “My goal at the beginning was to buy my mama a house. Now I realize okay, if I really focus and become a key player in the business, then I can build an empire.”
- “There’s always gonna be negative people in the world who just do negative stuff.”
- “You’re not gonna tell me who I am, I’m gonna tell you who I am.”
- “When I’m assertive, I’m a [expletive]. When a man is assertive, he’s a boss. He’s bossed up.”
- “You want to know what scares people? Success. When you don’t make moves, and you don’t climb up the ladder, everybody loves you because you’re not competition.”
- “Some people have to put in the work, others get to cut corners. We see it but don’t say it. Welcome to the real world.”
- “I believe that life is a prize. But to live doesn’t mean that you’re alive.”
Interestingly, Nicki Minaj abides by these seemingly funny yet wonderful quotes, making them her guiding light. Her wisdom and hilarious alter ego are just a few of the amazing things to know about the legendary rap queen.