Tuesday, May 21, 2024
- Advertisment -
HomeGeneralFormer Marvel Universe Star Jonathan Majors Set to Be Sentenced in Domestic...

Former Marvel Universe Star Jonathan Majors Set to Be Sentenced in Domestic Assault Case

- Top Ad -
Jonathan Majors
Source: Reddit

Former Marvel actor Jonathan Majors will be sentenced on Monday after a judge denied a request to overturn the guilty verdict in a domestic violence case that saw him convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend during a trip taxi last year.

Majors, who was hired by Disney to play Kang the Conqueror in the Marvel series, faces a year in jail or probation after being found guilty of one count of assault and one count of harassment in December.

Majors was tried to overturn his assault and harassment conviction – his original sentence in February was delayed while the court considered the petition – but a New York judge denied the request last week.

The actor maintains his innocence in the matter – he says the attack was instigated by his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, and that he was only trying to escape her attack during the argument – and told ABC News he was “shocked and scared.”

- Inline 1-

ALSO READ: Court Sentences Jonathan Majors to Mandatory Anti-Domestic Violence Program

Last month, Jabbari filed a civil lawsuit against Majors, claiming she was repeatedly assaulted during their relationship, and two other women told the New York Times on September 2 that they were also victims of abuse from “Ant-Man” and Wasp: Quantum.”

Majors was arrested in March 2023 after Jabbari accused him of strangulation, assault, and harassment. She said she and Majors were in a taxi and she was resting her head on his shoulder when a text message from another woman arrived on her phone.

POLL—Do You Support Stricter Gun Control Laws and Assault Weapon Bans?

- Inline 2-

The driver said the two men argued outside the vehicle after the incident, and Majors then pushed Jabbari back into the taxi. Majors said he was attacked by Jabbari and only tried to escape from him and get his phone back during the altercation.

Several other women have accused Majors of disorderly conduct since the criminal case began, and other alleged victims of abuse have come forward and begun cooperating with authorities after Jabbari made his accusations public. Two of Majors’ ex-girlfriends told the New York Times that they were also abused.

Hours after the sentencing, Marvel Studios said it would no longer work with Majors, the Kang the Conqueror character set to lead the next phase of the franchise, including a film titled ‘‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty‘‘ is expected to be released in 2026.

ALSO READ: Jonathan Majors Faces Fresh Abuse Allegations From Two of His Ex-Girlfriends

- Inline 3 -

Disney’s Searchlight also indefinitely postponed the release of the film ‘‘Dreams Magazine,” in which Majors plays a bodybuilder and the actor lost several endorsement deals, including with Quan United States team and MLB’s Texas Rangers.

Majors also resigned from the board of directors of the Gotham Film and Media Institute, Variety reported, and stopped his work with the Sidney Poitier Initiative.

You Might Also Like:

Jeep Owner Lays Off 400 Employees By Locking Them Out of Their Systems and Emails

Astrobotic’s Burned Lunar Lander Explains Why Moon Landing is Difficult Now

LA Officials Link Death of Baby Found on Highway to Family’s Murder-Suicide

California Local Officials Warn of Migrant Overwhelming State Amid Border Crossings Surge

Court Sentences Former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg to Five Months for Perjury

- Bottom Ad -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular