Years after his death, quotes by Steve Irwin remain in existence to guide nature advocates and the rest of the world towards a greener planet.
A lover of nature and wildlife from the onset, Steve Irwin knew tons about animals and never hesitated to share his knowledge with the world.
Sometimes, his nuggets of wisdom often made for iconic quotes that would go down in history as some of the wisest sayings of all time. Following his demise, some of his words were almost lost in the sands of time, especially those that never made it to his iconic series and documentaries.
However, one remarkable quote by Steve Irwin resurfaced in January 2022, reminding the world of just how knowledgeable the iconic figure was.
The quote, which he said during one of his last interviews before his 2006 demise, went viral after a Redditor shared his video interview on the Reddit Platform. During the interview, the star was quizzed about his personal fortune.
In response, Irwin dropped the inspiring quote about the value of money and how he hoped to use it to better the world. He quipped:
“I’ve been put on this planet to protect wildlife and wilderness areas, which in essence is going to help humanity. I want to have the purest of oceans. I want to be able to drink water straight out of that creek. I want to save the world.”
“And you know, money, money, money’s great. I can’t get enough money and you know what I’m going to do with it? I’m going to buy wilderness areas with it. Every single cent I get goes into conservation. I don’t give a rip whose money it is. I’d use it to buy land.”
The re-emergence of this quote earned him compliments from netizens, ultimately leading to a quest for more quotes by Steve Irwin across the planet.
Who Was Steve Irwin?
Steve Irwin, famously called the crocodile hunter thanks to his famous TV series and documentaries. He landed the planet on February 22, 1962, to a family of wildlife enthusiasts.
His parents, Lyn and Bob Irwin moved to Queensland when the icon was a child and established a small Reptile and fauna park. Hence, Steve Irwin grew up around crocodiles and other reptiles. He spent most of his life at the park, both as a child and after taking over the management in 1991 and renaming it the Australian Zoo.
His passion for wildlife earned Steve Irwin widespread recognition. He soon began appearing in TV shows and documentaries, including his most notable work, “The Crocodile Hunter.”
Sadly, his ambitions were cut short in 2006 after getting stabbed severally by a stingray while filming underwater with his crew. Steve Irwin died before he could receive medical aid, leaving behind his wife, Terri Irwin, and kids, Bindi and Robert Irwin.
His family now carry on his legacy, donning the now-iconic outfit which the conservationist always wore in his shows and documentary, so much that it became his signature look.
Famous Quotes By Steve Irwin
The following quotes by Steve Irwin have made an impact in the world, ultimately immortalizing the icon’s memory and legacy.
- “I have no fear of losing my life. If I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I’ll save it.”
- “Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.”
- We don’t own the planet earth. We belong to it, and we must share it with our wildlife.”
- If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.”
- “You know you can touch a stick of dynamite, but if you touch a venomous snake it’ll turn around and bite you and kill you so fast, it’s not even funny.”
- “I’ve probably saved thousands of peoples’ lives with my educational message on snake bites, how to get in around venomous anything.”
- “If we save our wild places, we would ultimately save ourselves.”
- “If you can’t excite people about wildlife, how can you convince them to love, cherish, and protect our wildlife and the environment they live in.”
- “If we can get people to be excited about animals, then by crikey, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to save them.”
- “We humans have a long way to go with learning to live harmoniously with our environment and its wildlife.”
- “I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.”
- “My dad taught me from my youngest childhood memories through these connections with aboriginal and tribal people, that you must always protect people’s secret status.”
- “Yeah, I’m a thrill seeker, but crikey, education is the most important thing.”
- “So fear helps me from making mistakes. But I make a lot of mistakes.”
- “Now more than ever, we are all becoming more aware of the need to conserve our precious living heritage.”
- “I’m optimistic globally. So many scientists are working frantically on the reparation of our planets.”
- “I believe our biggest issue is the same biggest issue that the whole world is facing, and that’s habitat destruction.”
- “I sincerely believe that there’s room for cutting down trees for forestry and grazing, so we all get to eat. Everyone has to compromise.”
- “Herein lies our problem. If we level that much land to grow rice and whatever, then no other animal could live there except for some insect pest species. Which is very unfortunate.”
- “I believe sustainable use is the greatest propaganda in wildlife conservation at the moment.”
These twenty quotes by Steve Irwin are some of his most notable yet inspiring, both for the safety of the wildlife population, humans, and the planet at large. Interestingly, Irwin lived up to his wise sayings throughout his existence, dedicating the bulk of his earnings and total net worth of $10 million to wildlife conservation.