Sunday, June 16, 2024
- Advertisment -
HomeGeneralSteve Buscemi Confirmed “OK” After His Attack During Walk in New York...

Steve Buscemi Confirmed “OK” After His Attack During Walk in New York City

- Top Ad -
A picture of Steve Buscemi.
Source: Wikimedia Common

According to an agent for the talented actor, Steve Buscemi was attacked earlier this week in New York City. The agent has claimed that the actor is well after taking a man’s punch in the face on a street in New York City.

Just before midday on Wednesday, May 15, 2024, in Manhattan (Kips Bay), the 66-year-old “Fargo” and “Boardwalk Empire” star was attacked. He was transported to a hospital with cuts, bruises, and hemorrhaging in his left eye. However, authorities have yet to identify the aggressor.

The statement revealed that Buscemi was assaulted in midtown Manhattan and was another victim of an unprovoked act of violence in the city. Fortunately, he is okay and thankful for everyone’s support despite feeling sad about recent events while in New York.

According to investigators, Buscemi’s attacker ran away from the scene and hasn’t been found yet. After the incident, the actor was transported to the hospital, where he received treatment for “swelling to his face and left eye.”

- Inline 1-

ALSO READ: These 20 Celebrities Ditched Their Real Name for a Stage Name and This Is Why

Buscemi is the most recent famous person to fall prey to an unprovoked assault. Both reality star Bethenny Frankel and actor Rick Moranis have also experienced random attacks in New York City in recent years.

Michael Stuhlbarg, who costarred with Buscemi in the criminal thriller “Boardwalk Empire” on HBO, is said to have been attacked in late March in New York City. The 55-year-old was struck in the head by an unidentified item while strolling close to 90th Street and East Drive on March 31.

Police responded to the attack while it was ongoing, according to a report by the New York City Police Department.

- Inline 2-

POLL—Should the U.S. Government Create a Path to Citizenship for Undocumented Immigrants?

Authorities said that Xavier Israel, 27, hurled a rock at Stuhlbarg, striking the back of his neck and causing an abrasion. The actor then pursued Israel to 9 East 91st Street, where authorities reportedly caught the alleged attacker.

Authorities further claim that Stuhlbarg turned down on-site medical care. Israel was charged with assault. The incident happened before Stuhlbarg’s scheduled appearance in the Broadway production of “The Patriots.” A day after the attack, on April 1, the actor went on stage as expected.

However, sources claim the perpetrator fled and hasn’t been located yet. Authorities are also searching for a bearded man wearing black sweatpants, a blue T-shirt, and a baseball cap.

- Inline 3 -

ALSO READ: “I’m Taking the Plunge,” Comedian Russell Brand Announces Plans To Be Baptized

Police say there have been no arrests. Hence, they are urging anyone with information to contact the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Buscemi has had a successful acting career spanning over 40 years. His filmography includes “The Death of Stalin” and “28 Days,” directed by Quentin Tarantino, as well as “Pulp Fiction” and “Reservoir Dogs.”

You Might Also Like:

Tennessee Couple Caught Transporting Cocaine Killed in Shootout With Texas Authorities

Americans React to White House’s Response to Soaring Gas Prices

Fox News Refuses To Retract Hunter Biden Report Despite Pressure From White House

Jodie Turner-Smith Says Her Divorce From Joshua Jackson Inspired Her Met Gala Look

Emma Chamberlain Opens Up About Goth Met Gala Look, Says It Took 640 Hours To Create

- Bottom Ad -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular