Monday, February 26, 2024
- Advertisment -
HomeEntertainmentPrince Harry Says He Left a 'Toxic' Environment but Not the Royal...

Prince Harry Says He Left a ‘Toxic’ Environment but Not the Royal Family in an Interview with James Corden

- Top Ad -

The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry, went candid about the true reasons for his step-down from royal duties, referring to the decision as leaving a toxic environment.

It’s been over a year since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle left the world in a haze with the announcement of their step down from royal duties.

In a recent appearance on “The Late Night Show With James Corden,” the Prince dished on some of the reasons for his royal exit, and his family’s subsequent move to California.

- Inline 1-
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9crv9SJNJx/?igshid=ozpyrzknnxlq

The Duke began by clarifying the wrong assumptions that he walked away from his duties. According to Prince Harry, he only “stepped back,” rather than “stepped down” as constantly reported by the media.

Going further, he pointed out that he found Britain to be a toxic environment, thanks to the interference of the press, which almost destroyed his mental health. Hence his decision. The Prince divulged:

“This is toxic. So I did what any husband, and what any father would do. which is, ‘I need to get my family out of here.’ But we never walked away.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4SuZJFpXAr/?igshid=1mialnfp5dm4m

Harry also addressed speculations that his royal exit meant a decline in his contribution to charitable ventures and the public. He went on to discuss intentions to remain the same man he was while serving as a full-time working royal.

- Inline 2-

The father of one, who moved to California last year, alongside his wife, Meghan Markle, and their son, Prince Archie, told Corden that no matter where he ended up in the world, his life would remain dedicated to public service. It seemed not even the decision of the royal family could keep the 36-year-old away from his duties to humanity.

The couple would retain their titles as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Harry’s revealing interview with James Corden came days after Buckingham Palace announced the Sussexes final decision regarding their exit after a one-year consideration period.

The statement confirmed Harry and Meghan had no plans to return as working royals. Their final decision attracted strict measures from the crown. The Queen decided that stepping away from their royal duties made them incapable of carrying on the responsibilities that came with public service. The statement read:

“Following conversations with The Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

- Inline 3 -

Hence, the monarch stripped the Prince of all his military appointments, as well as other trusts and Patronages. Duties like heading the Commonwealth Trust, the Rugby Football League, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Rugby Football Union, and the Royal National Theatre would there-on revert to the Queen.

However, the couple would retain their titles as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. In addition, they would still be addressed as His/Her Royal Highnesses, titles which they had long discontinued.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7EaGS_Jpb9/?igshid=tg3o9tvhlcpo

The Sussexes announced their step-back in January last year, confirming their decision to become independent of the crown. Their announcement caused a frenzy in the royal family and the media, but the couple eventually received the go-ahead from the monarch.

The royal exit took effect from April 1, with a one-year leverage for the duo to reconsider their stance. Although the Queen permitted Harry and his wife to maintain their patronages at the time, it appears a lot has changed within a year.

- Bottom Ad -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular